After, over 15 years, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have come to, strongly, believe, in most situations, homeowners, seeking to sell their home, will unprotected to the finest – possible results, if/ when, they PRICE their house, properly, and with a great degree of thought, and consideration, from – the – start! Each homeowner must decide, what his personal situation, needs, goals, priorities, and reasons, for selling are, and, what he seeks, and feels he needs, and why! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this method and represents, and, why it matters.
1. Priorities; purposes; perceptions; character: Individuals have personal priorities, and their purposes, often, differ, in terms of their reasons, and rationale, for selling, and seeking a specific price! Is one’s perception of the value, based on reality, and market conditions, or simply, emotional, or a misguided – belief? already, when houses, are slightly – similar, there may be some rare characteristics, etc, of a particular character, which might, either, make it more, or less, attractive to qualified buyers!
2. Reasoning; vicinity; rooms; renovations; repairs: One must carefully, examine and consider, his reasoning, and reasons, for having certain beliefs, about his home’s value! Consider the specific vicinity, because, much of real estate, is local, in – character! It’s not only about the rooms, in terms of numbers, etc, but, also, size, layout, and other, intangible characteristics, qualities, and details! How well have renovations, been done, in terms of making the house, more desirable to future owners? Which repairs have been done, need to be, and/ or, may need to be addressed, in the slightly – near future?
3. Inclusions; improvements: Which inclusions might make a house, attract higher prices, and which, might not? Different renovations, improvements, and upgrades, have far – differing, Returns on Investment (ROI)!
4. Character; clarity; condition; comparative: The best way, in most instances, to determine, a listing price, is, to conduct, a thoroughly – considered, professionally – produced, Comparative Market examination! This way, one can proceed, with greater clarity, and purpose, and take into consideration, many factors, in addition as the overall condition, and character (such as Curb allurement, etc), of a particular character!
5. Emphasis; excellence: How a house is shown, and where, the emphasis, may be focused, often, determines, first impressions, and, ultimately, the selling price! Wise homeowners carefully, select the best agent, to represent them, and this specific character! Never accept less than excellence, in the service, provided, and offered!
When you choose the agent to represent you, hire, a real estate specialized, who will, consistently, tell you, what you need to know, not just what you want to hear (TM). Since, for most, the value of their house, represents their single – biggest, asset value, doesn’t that make sense?